Monday, August 27, 2018

Hanging Out, Surprise Visits, Working From Home, & Diet Bet

Here's what happened during the second half of July!

The next week, I started talking with Emily, and we made plans to get dinner together that night since her boyfriend left for a business trip earlier that morning. We ended up going to Tom+Chee, this grilled cheese restaurant I've been wanting to go to for a while. It was really good!

The next couple of days, Jessica came over to spend the night since she was having relationship issues. Basically, she's seeing this guy who goes to KSU, but he's so busy that he can't see her until the weekend like they originally planned. However, Jessica's weekend starts early since she works on Sundays, so she decided to come up early and see if he'd let her crash with him. But this guy is still being wishy washy about their relationship, since his last one wasn't very healthy, which is why he wanted to take things slow, and he knew that having her spend a couple of nights at his apartment would be bad for taking things slow. So she made plans to stay at my place and tease him that she was on her way to his place all of the time when she knew he'd be home, lol.

We went to Sweet Hut the first night, since Jessica skipped dinner to make the drive up and was hungry by then. The next night, I took her out to Revolving Sushi since she was down for conveyer belt sushi, lol. We also started watching On My Block on Netflix, which is the tv show continuation of Dear White People, and we got so hooked onto the show, lol. (I should probably finish it this weekend now that I think about it...) She left the next day while I was at work to take her mom out to lunch before seeing him.


Kyle's grandfather passed away this week, so they went to his funeral that Friday. Originally, we had planned on going home that weekend to see our parents, but Shelle thought that it would be better if they stayed home that weekend to recuperate seeing the rest of Kyle's family and to go to a candle-making class she signed up for a while ago, but mom basically guilted Shelle to come down that weekend, since they were going to St. Lucia the next weekend. So we basically came home for less than 24 hours instead of my original plan of taking Monday off and seeing David longer that weekend, which sucked. 

Instead, I did that the next weekend. :)

But before I get to that, I wanted to talk about how the interns on my floor finally went to get pho with Quang earlier that week! We had been planning on going to Pho Dakao with him since the last time we went to lunch with him, but everyone's schedules were really busy, so it got pushed back for almost two months. But we went, and now I know that there's a decent pho place around work that I can go to whenever I want, lol.

After work, Shelle, Kyle, and I went to Ponce City Market to pick up their candles they made last weekend at a candle making class. We got dinner at the Szechuan place there, which was really good. I didn't know that it was more family-style there, but that was cool.


That Thursday, my manager told me that I could work from home on Friday because I was planning on driving down that day to visit David, so that was the original plan. After work, Shelle and I got our nails done since it had been a month since our last manicure, and our nails were looking rough. After we got home though, I realized that I could just skip traffic by driving home that night and work from home at David's house the next day.

So that's what I did. I drove down to his house and got there around midnight and worked from home the next day. David had to work at 11, but he came back home for his lunch break, so I got to eat lunch with him before he went back to work, and so did I. Since David worked until 10 that night, I invited Mikey out for dinner to bother David at work since we hadn't hungout in a while. Afterwards, we went back to his place and played with his dog, Wally, and talked until 1 AM.

Originally, I had asked Jackie and Meethu if they wanted to grab dinner that night, but since they were both busy, I didn't hangout with Meethu until the next morning for lunch and Jackie later that night after she got off of work. There's a new Vietnamese restaurant that opened up recently in town, so we ended getting brunch there since we were running late and wanted to try it out. It's pretty good; there's a lot of boba options, which I liked, lol.


Jackie wanted to get dinner later that night since she hadn't eaten since before work, and Meethu also came after she got off of work at the same time, too. We ended up going to Steak 'n Shake for milkshakes and food since it was one of the only places still open at 10 PM lol. We stayed there until around 1:30 just talking and catching up. I hadn't seen both of them since before I moved to Kennesaw, so it was nice talking to them and goofing off. :)

I just kind of felt bad for David, because I had originally gone down to spend time with him, but since he was working for two of the three days I was there, I made time to hangout with some other friends, and they ended up taking place during the times when he was free or just got out of work. But I tried to make it up to him during Sunday when he didn't work, and we spent the day just lazing around and making grilled cheese sandwiches to go with our tomato bisque and hanging out until I drove home after dinner. 

The next day was National Cheesecake Day, so The Cheesecake Factory had their cheesecake half off, which is why Shelle, Kyle, and I went there for dinner after work that day, lol. It was crazy packed and took them a while to give us our food, so I was already full off of bread and appetizers by the time my meal arrived, lol.

What sucked is that that was the first day my coworkers and I started our diet bet, and I was already doing poorly, lol. I was complaining to Jack at work that day that I had gained weight, so he told me that he and Anita had a bet going on to see who would lose the most weight by the end of August, and that the loser had to pay for the winner's lunch. He invited me to the bet, and then it spiraled to involve a couple of other people on our team, so we've been weighing ourselves every week to check in and see our current standings. I'm currently near the bottom because I haven't lost as much weight as everyone else. Lol, but it's okay because I've been losing weight instead of gaining it.

But yeah, that's all that happened in July. Lots of exciting stuff lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment