Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, the Irony

I found it so ironic that I had a test in AP Bio over the reproductive cycle yesterday and also started my period later that day, so I actually knew what was going on in my body, like knowing what organs and hormones were specifically doing.

Lol, I actually laughed out loud when I realized the irony of the situation.

Anyway, not much has happened lately. Over the break, I babysat for the most of the time, but I did finally watch the Vampire Knight anime, some variety shows guest staring Yunho and Changmin, and The Eagle movie and read a lot of books.

I don't know if I actually read a third of the pile like I wanted to, but I did read a significant chunk of it. :D

I read Moon Boy vol. 3-6 by Lee YoungYou, which was great. The story kept on getting better and better with every volume. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series and devour them! I think the last volume actually came out earlier this year, too... XD But I'll prolly buy them later, as soon as I read enough of my TBR books to make room for them.



I also read an ARC of Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer, which is also her debut novel. I totally loved it, and not only because she mentioned fanfiction, slash, and lolspeak in it, lol. I wrote a review on goodreads which went like this:

Rival is a wonderful book that touches on many aspects that teens go through today -- rivalry, misunderstandings, fitting in, and true friendship.

I can't even word how awesome this book is! With it's engaging plot, diverse cast of fleshed out characters, and easy but beautiful writing style, Rival is a great debut.

I can't wait for the author's next book!


And I also read the Vampire Knight Official Fanbook that I ordered from anime~~~ since it was on sale there with some other books. It was pretty entertaining and informative. You got to see the character's rooms and a lot of other stuff. Great for any Vampire Knight fan, lol.


For the Vampire Knight anime, it actually didn't take long to watch it since there were only two seasons out, and each season was only 13 episodes.

Actually, I found it really ironic that the first season was basically the parts where I stopped reading the manga for a while before picking it back up again earlier this year and going crazy all over it again. XD

I forgot how lighthearted the beginning of the series was compared to the later volumes; there was lots of goofy moments that made me facepalm at some of the stupidity. But yeah, after a couple of episodes, I was back into being enthralled with the series with all of the twists and drama. Now that I knew what happened later in the the story, certain remarks now carried new meanings, and I was spazzing because I was going crazy trying to figure out if the author had originally planned all of it, and since I already knew what generally happens next, lol.

Anyway, even tho the anime art still doesn't compare to the manga (in my opinion anyway), I really enjoyed watching the first season of Vampire Knight since it refreshed my memory on what had happened in the earlier volumes. :)

The second season, however, was so much more interesting! For one reason, this was the arc where all of the action was at. The other reason that caused most of my spazzing was the fact that IT DIDN'T FOLLOW THE MANGA EXACTLY. DIFFERENT SCENES HAPPENED EVEN THOUGH IT BASICALLY HAD THE SAME ENDING. O_O

I was flipping out on the last few episodes since ZERO HAD A TOTALLY DIFFERENT REACTION COMPARED TO WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MANGA.

Even if the anime did follow the manga exactly, I'd still watch it and any future seasons just because it's still really entertaining. I love how even though I already know what happens, I still react and fangirl when I watch the anime, since it's so engaging.

The Eagle was pretty good. If you're looking for a good Roman historical movie or one that doesn't have any romance, then I'd definitely recommend The Eagle. While there wasn't any romance --which I thought was very refreshing-- there was some bromance going on, that I really liked, lol.


Actually, I had received a copy of the book last month to review, but I never had the chance to read it. Since I already know how the plot goes, I'll probably read it even later.

Earlier this week, I started reading The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson and Banished by Sophie Littlefield. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish either of them. They were both stale, unoriginal, and had already overused plots that couldn't hold my attention for long. I doubt that I'll ever pick them up again unless I somehow finish reading all of my other books first.


I'm currently reading Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin and Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway. They're both pretty interesting, although I think Hallaway's trying too hard to sound like a teenager in her book.


Low Red Moon's book itself is AMAZING. There are red trees at the bottom of every page and the page numbers are also red. Plus, every time the word "moon" appears in the text, it's also red. I'd show a pic of it, but I left the book in my locker at school.

But! I found some pics of it over at A Bookworms Haven. :) This is the first pages, and those are the trees at the bottom of the pages that I was telling you about.



I SO WANT TO GO TO A SMTOWN CONCERT! IT'S INSANE THE AMOUNT OF PERFORMANCES ALL OF THE ARTISTS DO. PLUS, THE STAGE ITSELF IS FRICKEN AMAZING.

SEE FOR YOURSELF! 8D






And I don't know about you, but THIS GUY makes me go adjfs a;jflk whenever I see pics of him, lol. Jae is so adorkably cute/handsome/pretty. XD





So yeah...that's about it.

Later~


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment