Friday, February 10, 2023

DEC: Christmas Party, Graduations, Scrapbooking, Christmas

Last month was pretty busy. So busy that I had no time to write my December update lol. Now, I’m trying to make up for lost time!

December started off with Alec and me going to his company’s annual Christmas party. It was Vegas themed, so there were a lot of performances and card tables available. Lots of food, too. I met a lot of his coworkers and ate a lot of desserts.

We stayed until near the end of the night for the raffle drawings, since a lot of people left or didn’t show up, so we thought we’d have a higher chance of winning lol. Unfortunately, we didn’t, but Alec’s coworker at our table and his girlfriend both won something!

Overall, it was a fun but tiring night, since we had to go close to the airport where the venue was at. The next day, I helped Alec bring down his Christmas decorations and start decorating his tree before going home.

The next Wednesday, Kyle, Shelle, Luna, and I drove down to watch Brian graduate from college. This was Luna’s longest car ride yet, and it wasn’t going so great because she missed a few naps and was cranky most of the day.

We made a stop at Alec’s house midway to change her diaper, feed her, and put her down for a quick nap. However, he wasn’t home, and I didn’t bring my spare key because we texted the night before, and he joked that he’d stay home with us after all. I thought he was being serious, but he thought I was joking, so there was a whole miscommunication going on, and he had to leave his office and open the door for us during lunch lol. It wasn’t a big deal after all lol. He has a lot of patience.

We were a little late by the time we got to Brian’s graduation, but it was fine because we found a spot at the back with lots of room for Luna and her stroller to chill. Afterwards, we took a lot of pics outside with Brian and went home to hangout until dinner. We went to Outback to celebrate, and drove back home afterwards. It was a long day, and we still had to go to work the next day. Crazy.

The next Friday, we went to Kyle’s MBA graduation. This took a lot more planning because it was at GA Tech’s football stadium, and it was estimated to go as low as 45 degrees that day. We had Luna dressed up in a thermal onesie, the fluffy bear onesie I got her for Christmas, and a beanie just to keep her warm.

Alec drove up the night before and stayed with us, so we could carpool together. Our parents, Brian, and Kyle’s parents also drove up separately and met up with us at the stadium. Parking was insane. Because our parents got there early, they had a good parking spot, so Shelle and Luna stayed with them to help them navigate to the stadium while Alec and I drove to another parking deck further away and walked over to meet up with everyone.

The graduation ceremony was chaotic. A lot of people were jumping their lines and not following the appropriate schools that they called up. A lot of people left after walking the stage. Like, this was around the time when the bachelor degrees had already walked.

Unfortunately, Kyle’s class was near the end, so we waited for a long time just to see him walk. Luckily, there was still light out, so we could see him lol. 

Afterwards, we met up with him to take pics and go home. Of course, we ran into traffic going home, so that took a lot longer than expected. However, Kyle picked up Korean fried chicken for us, so we had a hot dinner waiting for us at home, since he beat us going home from a different direction lol.

I also bought a lot of scrapbooking stuff during Black Friday, and most of it came in near the end of December. This was my setup at the dining table as I did pages for the San Fran trip I went to in September.

I also bought more scrapbooking stuff in December on Etsy (a whole new world opened up to me lol) because I was addicted to buying cool scrapbooking stuff. I spent the second half of December and early January waiting for everything to arrive lol.

The parents came up to spend Christmas weekend with us. Mom had a whole menu thought out, and Shelle and I made over 80 kitchen sink cookies lol.

On Christmas day, Kyle’s mom and stepdad also came over to celebrate. I thought they were just staying for lunch, but they kept on watching movie after movie in the living room and waiting to play with Luna whenever she wasn’t napping. I think they stayed until dinner.

Anyway, after seeing the third Christmas movie and having small chat with them, I was tired of being there and decided to go to Alec’s house and spend time with his family who drove down from DC. The plan was to go to his house the next morning and see his family off, but once I found out that traffic was nonexistent on Christmas Day, I decided to just go earlier.

I made it to Alec’s house in time for dinner, and it was all good! Lol. I went back home the next night because I still had work on Tuesday, and Brian was coming over to give his Christmas presents. He had a cold the week before and decided to stay away from everyone during Christmas.

I spent the rest of the year working and relaxing at home! All-in-all, a good way to end the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment