Monday, November 14, 2022

OCT: Haircut, Parents Annoyance, Scrapbooking Addiction, Cousin Visit, Halloween

October ended really quickly. I don’t know why I’m always surprised by how quickly time flies by lol.

However, I finally got to cut my hair near the beginning of October! I’ve been tired of my long hair for the past couple of months. I planned to donate most of it right before my trip to SF, but my new hairstylist ran into car issues the morning of and had to cancel all of her appointments that day. Then, I had Covid when we came back, so it was pushed back a few more weeks lol. 

But it finally happened! I donated around 14 inches to Wigs for Kids! I think this was a little shorter than the last time I donated my hair last year. 

The parents visited twice this month. They seem to want to visit at least every other week to see Luna, which is starting to annoy me. No one gets on your nerves more than your family. 

We used to see each other once or twice a month before Luna was born, but it was a lot less stressful and annoying because I think the ball was in our court before. Previously, we would drive down and visit the parents, so that was on our own terms. We could plan around visiting and not go if other things happen to occur.

Now, it’s the parents who come up every week and plan to cook for us for the weekend and ask us to do stuff for them all the time. The problem is that dad CAN’T sit still. He needs to go around and do projects, which is fine when we visit them at their home; he can still go outside and fix the garden or yard or something. At our house, he doesn’t have anything to do after sweeping our garage, so he’ll have us help him with something online or something his friends recommended him to do/use or have a long diatribe with advice we didn’t ask for. Once in a while is fine, but when it happens every time we see each other, I get so annoyed with him and don’t want to see him. 

Mom is slightly easier to deal with because I was used to living with her while in college. We get together for meals and have occasional chats, but we usually leave each other alone when and do our own things. The only time I get annoyed with is her over-enthusiasm towards Luna, which also translates to her super loud cooing and grabbing Luna as soon as she’s awake. Texting to ask to see if she’s awake to have video calls all time also got super annoying. 

The conflicting parenting advice doesn’t help either. Like, they’ll say, “let her sleep”, but they’ll be the first ones to pick her up as soon as she makes one noise. They wanted us to shave her head after she was a month old because it’s tradition to do so to help make their hair grow faster, but Shelle and Kyle didn’t want to do it because it’s not true and unnecessary. Your hair grows at its own steady rate. It just looks like it grows faster when you start off bald because you can see the growth easier. 

I think combined with Kyle’s mom and stepdad visiting almost every two weeks, too, is also wearing down on us all. It’s tiring having to entertain or do stuff for your family so often, especially if you’re not used to seeing them so much. 

Another topic that we’ve talked about before is that it probably rubs us the wrong way because growing up, our parents were never involved in our lives this much. Granted, they were busy with work and trying to give us a better life, but it seems like they’re trying to make up for their past mistakes now that they’re retired and have nothing else to do. But just because they’re retired doesn’t mean that Luna is their next project to work on because they have nothing else going on!

I’ve also really gotten addicted to scrapbooking the past few months. I’ve bought too much washi tape and printing paper for all of my printers lol. It takes up a lot of space spreading everything out, so I usually use the dining room table since we never use it for its intended purpose lol. However, with all of the parents coming over, I always have to clean it up and put it away because they’re fucking nosy and intrusive, and I hate it when people touch my stuff without my permission. So it gets annoying when they come over all the time. 

This was all of my scrapbooking stuff when I first bought everything. Did realize that I would need a second container to fit everything. Now, I need a THIRD container after getting more stuff for my birthday lol.

My cousin Mei Mei came to visit since she had another long vacation, and tickets to Atlanta were super cheap on Frontier (less than $80!). She only stayed for a few days during the week to play with Luna and go out to try new food lol. Since we were working during the day, she took my car and went on food adventures by herself during the day. At night, we ordered takeout or went out to eat with her. 

She left a few days before Halloween, so she didn’t see Luna in her cute astronaut suit! It was a little big on her, but she was freakin ADORABLE. We all bought matching outfits, but Alec wasn’t there to take pics with us (we thought our neighborhood would do trick-or-treating on the weekend, not Monday, the actual day), so I stayed home and passed out candy while Shelle, Kyle, and Luna went out with our neighbors. 

But yeah, October flew by with lots of annoyances and laughter (because Luna is unintentionally cute and hilarious every day lmao).

No comments:

Post a Comment