Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Webnovel Review: I Can Do It by Jiàng Zi Bèi

Title: I Can Do It
Author: Jiàng Zi Bèi
Chapters: 134 chapters + 2 extras + 7 side story chapters
Publication: 2020
Summary from Novel Updates:

For a certain LOL competition, a certain online streamer famous for pissing people off was currently explaining and broadcasting it at the same time.

Streamer: This support, so tr*sh.

Streamer: If that jungler was my teammate, I would already be idling at the fountain and playing piano for him by now.

Streamer: I recommend that this player go back and properly practice how to last hit.

Audience: What bullshit! If you’re any better, then you do it!

Streamer: Daddy I really can do it.

Audience: Okokok. If you can do it then I’ll chop off my head so you can kick it.

A few months later, LOL’s veteran pro team TTC announced a new mid laner, Soft. A boy with flashy blue hair appeared in front of the audience and played Zed to utter perfection, killing everyone he saw, causing all the female fans to begin toeing the line of infidelity.

During the MVP interview after the match, everyone held their breath and eagerly watched this newcomer.

Only to see the boy accept the microphone, smile and ask, “That water friend with the StarTV user ID ‘Suburb King 101,’ my team’s address is on the official website, when will you mail your head over?”

After a certain regular season match finished, the staff member went backstage to urge the team members to go onstage and conduct their interviews, only to see TTC’s new mid laner and jungler standing in the corner.

TTC’s number one ace · jungler daddy Road pressed their team’s new mid laner Soft against the wall. He lowered his eyes and asked lowly, “At the interview, do you know what you did?”

That quick-tempered mid-laner, who had solidified his image as a troll in the audience’s eyes the very first time he went on stage, turned completely red. “I know. I won’t curse at anyone… I definitely won’t curse at anyone.”

5 STARS - I LOVED IT

MY REVIEW: 

This was such a fun and exciting book!

Jian Rong and his fans' dad relationship had me dying! Like, who else has fans who flame him more than his antis to the point that even the antis are confused? I loved how it was already routine for his fans to open 10+ side accounts because he always bans them during his streams lol. 

I loved Jian Rong, this arrogant brat who's known to roast everyone for not playing well. Except he's actually a soft boy but only in the face of his idol and crush. The slow burn romance and gay panic were so good and funny! I died from laughing at all of the embarrassing moments Jian Rong always seemed to have with Lu Boyuan. It was almost as bad as Shi Luo's embarrassing side account in FOG!

Lu Boyuan is your typical gentle, doting male lead, which plays a nice contrast with the ever prickly Jian Rong. He's a capable captain and is a little more relatable because of his family relationship issues. I like how he understands that Jian Rong has a huge fan filter on him and actively tries to get him to see past that.

His teammates were all great. I liked how poor Xiao Bai kept on ruining their moments together and didn't know he was on the verge of death every time it happened lol. Their poor coach definitely didn't have it easy since Jian Rong kept on getting penalties from insulting people lmao.

And, of course, the games were exciting and riveting! There were so many good plays during each fight, and the teammates comments were hilarious! Listening to the commentators' analysis verses what actually happened in the games were also pretty funny lol. 

Definitely recommend this book if you like esports or just want to read a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment