Saturday, March 24, 2018

Endless Driving, Asheville Adventures, Job Interviews, Drunk Cooking, & Surprise Puppy!

Whoops! Definitely did not mean to suddenly vanish this month!

This month has been pretty hectic. I had to drive my bro and I up to my sis's house to spend the night, since we had to pick up our parents from the airport at seven in the morning and didn't want to drive wake up before 5 to do it. Then I had to drive my bro to the dentist so he could get his wisdom teeth taken out, and then drive us home after dropping my parents off to pick up their car from a friend's car shop. That was all just one day. I think I did over seven hours of driving in less than 24 hours.

That weekend, I drove Meethu and Jackie up to Atlanta to Shanice's apartment, where we met up with Emily to go on our Asheville, North Carolina trip we planned a month ago. Because I love finding new places to eat, I looked around and found us some delicious looking places to eat at, so we were all excited try everything. Lol, it basically became a food adventure.

We had dinner at this packed place called Wicked Weed, which had really good burgers and got drinks at some Irish pub I found a local beer that I actually liked to drink! Apparently I like sours, lol.



We also did an escape room, which ended up being right across the street from the bar we went to, which was super convenient. We had literally walked around a whole bunch trying to find a bar that wasn't packed. So we did an escape room tipsy and escaped with 10 minutes to spare!

The next day, we had brunch at this placed called Biscuit Head where the biscuits were huge. For dessert, we went to the Baked Pie Company, which had the best vintage/tea room aesthetic ever. Basically, we were all in a food coma by the time we drove back home, lol.





I've also been busy panicking over phone interviews and interview techniques and ettiequte this whole month trying to get a job. I actually had my first in person interview yesterday, which was nerve-wracking. I was more surprised to actually find that I'd been offered a job offer with them today, lol. It was such a quick turnaround! But I got a verbal job offer for a year long internship with the company and am going to get a formal offer emailed to me on Monday! I can't believe it!!!

Lol, I forgot that I made plans to make Pad Thai with Jessica two weeks ago until she texted me about it the day of my interview, so I went to her place after I finished my interview to make dinner. We went to Wal-Mart to get the missing ingredients but forgot to buy eggs, so we were like, screw it, we'll make it some other time and made chicken and shrimp alfredo instead while drinking lots of wine, lol.

I also got dinner with the crew on Sunday at a new place called Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen in Macon. It was fun since I hadn't hungout with them much this past month. Lol, it was raining when we finally left, so we all ended up soaked by the time we reached Jerry's car. And then, us being us, we ended up just talking and playing music in the car for an hour before we finally left to go back home.

Dad also got us a German Shepard puppy! He brought him home, and mom was super pissed since she didn't know about it, lol (Dad told everyone but mom because he knew how she'd react, lol). We named him Atlas. We had to bring him back to the farm the next day though since he was being too noisy, and mom wouldn't let us keep him inside the house.

He's so cute and adorable and soft and cuddly! I love him, lol.

So yeah, it's been a busy month, and it's not even over yet! We're planning on going to the Cherry Blossom on Sunday for the Food Truck Frenzy, which I'm excited for. We've been going to it for the past couple of years, so it's a nice tradition for our group. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment