Monday, December 30, 2013

i think i need a new laptop...again

For the past few days, my laptop has been super laggy. Like, it would take five minutes just to switch to a new tab, and don't even get me started on how long it took to just scroll down a page! I normally have pretty good patience when easily occupied, but it was ridiculous taking an hour trying to do anything on my laptop.

I don't know what's wrong. I don't think it's because I only have around 40GB of space left on my hard drive, because it's been that low for a while now, so I'm wondering if it's because of something I recently downloaded. Or if it could be because of my antivirus software is going to expire soon and is screwing with my laptop as a result to renew itself.

Or, is it because my laptop is getting old? How long do most laptop's last? My last laptop lasted for only two years, but I now it was short-lived because I kept on dropping it off of my bed in the beginning and eventually ruined part of the pieces that held the laptop together. That, and I downloaded too many things carelessly. 

I would like to say that I've treated my current laptop with better care--definitely haven't dropped it off of my bed, that's for sure--so I'm pretty sure that whatever's causing this drastic lag is an internal problem, which is throwing me for a total loop. I don't want to have to delete everything off of my laptop to see if there was a problem internally because I have a shitload of things on my laptop. Like the packrat I am in real life, I am also a digital packrat. :\

I dunno. If this lagging problem doesn't stop itself before school starts (the lag has gotten less yesterday and today), then I'll be forced to do a complete hardware cleanup. D:

But yeah, that's the main reason why I haven't been posting lately. That, and I haven't been doing anything much, lol. My friends and I had another fancy get together on Thursday, but other than that, I haven't been doing much besides reading fanfic, books, and watching movies. 

I do have plans for New Year's Eve with my sis and friends, so there's that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment