Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012 Best Fiction for Young Adults

So YALSA posted its Best Fiction for Young Adults 2012 list, and I thought I'd show you how many of the books that I'd actually read out of all of them. I have already quickly glanced at the list, and wow, I hardly read any of the books on there! :c What's so sad is that I own more of the books on the list than the actual number of books I had read on there. -__-" 

You can go to the site and see a short summary of the book and other information. 

(!) means that I own it but haven't read it.

  1. Abel-Fattah, Randa. Where the Streets had a Name. 
  2. Aguirre, Ann. Enclave.  (Read!)
  3. Almond, David. My Name is Mina. 
  4. Altebrando, Tara. Dreamland Social Club. 
  5. Bauer, Joan. Close to Famous.
  6. Beam, Chris. I am J.  (!)
  7. Billingsley, Franny. Chime.  (!)
  8. Black, Holly. Red Glove.
  9. Blake, Kendare. Anna Dressed in Blood.  (!)
  10. Blundell, Judy. Strings Attached. 
  11. Bondoux, Anne-Laure. A Time of Miracles. 
  12. Booth, Coe. Bronxwood. 
  13. Bray, Libba. Beauty Queens.  (Read!)
  14. Brezenoff, Steve. Brooklyn, Burning. 
  15. Brooks, Martha. Queen of Hearts. 
  16. Brown, Jennifer. Bitter End.
  17. Bunce, Elizabeth C.  Liar’s Moon. 
  18. Caletti, Deb. Stay. 
  19. Carson, Rae. The Girl of Fire and Thorns.  (!)
  20. Castle, Jennifer. The Beginning of After. 
  21. Chayil, Eishes. Hush. 
  22. Chow, Cara. Bitter Melon.
  23. Clement-Moore, Rosemary. Texas Gothic.  (!)
  24. Cohen, Joshua C. Leverage. 
  25. Cooper, Michelle. The FitzOsbornes in Exile. 
  26. Cross, Gillian. Where I Belong. 
  27. de la Pena, Matt. I Will Save You. 
  28. Dessen, Sarah. What Happened to Goodbye.  (!)
  29. DeStafano, Lauren. Wither.  (Read!)
  30. Deuker, Carl. Payback Time. 
  31. Dixon, Heather. Entwined. 
  32. Dowell, Frances O'Roark. Ten Miles Past Normal. 
  33. Downham, Jenny. You Against Me.
  34. Edwardson, Debby Dahl. My Name is Not Easy. 
  35. Fisher, Catherine. The Dark City.
  36. Forman, Gayle. Where She Went.  (Read!)
  37. Freitas, Donna. The Survival Kit. 
  38. Friesner, Esther. Threads and Flames.
  39. Gantos, Jack. Dead End in Norvelt.
  40. Gier, Kerstin. Ruby Red.  (!)
  41. Goldberg Sloan, Holly. I’ll Be There.  (Read!)
  42. Goodman, Shawn. Something Like Hope.
  43. Handler, Daniel; Why We Broke Up. 
  44. Hautman, Pete. The Big Crunch.
  45. Herback, Geoff. Stupid Fast. 
  46. Johnson, Maureen. The Last Little Blue Envelope. 
  47. Johnson, Maureen. The Name of the Star. 
  48. King, A.S.  Everybody Sees the Ants. 
  49. Kirby, Matthew J. Icefall.
  50. Kittredge, Caitlin.  The Iron Thorn.  (Read!)
  51. Knowles, Jo.  Pearl.  
  52. Leavitt, Lindsey. Sean Griswold’s Head.
  53. Lo, Malinda. Huntress.  (!)
  54. Lu, Marie. Legend.  (!)
  55. Marchetta, Melina. The Piper’s Son.
  56. Marcus, Kimberly. Exposed. 
  57. Martinez, Jessica. Virtuosity. 
  58. McCall, Guadalupe Garcia. Under the Mesquite.
  59. McMann, Lisa. Cryer's Cross.  (!)
  60. Meloy, Maile. The Apothecary. 
  61. Mullin, Mike. Ashfall.  (Read!)
  62. Myracle, Lauren. Shine. 
  63. Nelson, Blake.  Recovery Road. 
  64. Ness, Patrick.  A Monster Calls. 
  65. Neumeier, Rachel. The Floating Islands. 
  66. O’Brien, Caragh. Prized. 
  67. O’Neal, Eilis. The False Princess. 
  68. Ockler, Sarah. Fixing Delilah.  (!)
  69. Okorafor, Nnedi.  Akata Witch. 
  70. Oliver, Lauren. Delirium.  (!)
  71. Oppel, Kenneth.  This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein.
  72. Ostlere, Cathy.  Karma, A Novel in Verse. 
  73. Perera, Anna. Guantanamo Boy.
  74. Pérez, Ashley Hope. What Can(t) Wait. 
  75. Perkins, Stephanie. Anna and the French Kiss.  (Read!)
  76. Perkins, Stephanie. Lola and the Boy Next Door.  (!)
  77. Porter, Tracey. Lark.
  78. Powers, J. L. The Thing Called the Future. 
  79. Price, Charlie. Desert Angel. 
  80. Riggs, Ransom. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. 
  81. Reedy, Trent. Words in the Dust. 
  82. Reeve, Philip.  A Web of Air. 
  83. Resau, Laura & Maria Virginia Farinango.  Queen of Water. 
  84. Riordan, Rick. The Lost Hero. 
  85. Roth, Veronica. Divergent.  (!)
  86. Sales, Leila. Past Perfect. 
  87. Schmidt, Gary. Okay for Now. 
  88. Sedgwick, Marcus. White Crow.  (!)
  89. Selznick, Brian. Wonderstruck. 
  90. Sepetys, Ruta. Between Shades of Gray. 
  91. Sharenow, Robert. The Berlin Boxing Club.  (Read!)
  92. Silvey, Craig. Jasper Jones. 
  93. Smith, Andrew. Stick.
  94. Stiefvater, Maggie. The Scorpio Races.  (Read!)
  95. Taylor, Laini. Daughter of Smoke and Bone.  (Read!)
  96. Thompson, Holly. Orchards. 
  97. Valente, Catherynne M. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. 
  98. Van Allsberg, Chris, ed. The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales. 
  99. Van Draanen, Wendelin. The Running Dream. 
  100. Venkatraman, Padma. Island’s End. 
  101. Vernick, Shirley Reva. The Blood Lie. 
  102. Wallace, Jason. Out of Shadows.
  103. Warman, Jessica. Between. 
  104. Whaley, John Corey. Where Things Come Back. 
  105. Williams Carol Lynch. Miles from Ordinary. 
  106. Williams, Michael. Now is the Time for Running. 
  107. Wolf, Allan. The Watch that Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic. 
  108. Wynne-Jones, Tim. Blink and Caution. 
  109. Yee, Lisa. Warp Speed. 
  110. Young, Moira. Blood Red Road.  (Read!)
  111. Yovanoff, Brenna. The Space Between.
  112. Zarr, Sara. How to Save a Life.
So, I've only read 12 books and own 15 books that I have yet to read... and I haven't even heard a fourth of the titles on the list... Some bookworm I am. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment